As part of the effort to make our blog more visible (and hence relevant), I am looking for other blogs that we can target to interact with and hopefully bring traffic our way.
There are two ways to approach this. First, the local/regional/state angle. Let’s find people who care about our issues and also have a stake in this area. Second, the issue angle. In that case, we might target blogs or other social media on any geographic level but that are interesting for their political or topical focus.
Now, I am working on the local angle. First, I went to technorati, a site that tracks blogs. I searched for Pennsylvania Progressive and Liberal and found the following possibilities.In no order:
- Agent Ska: Covers many topics in Pittsburg. Politics, feminism, art, music. The link is to the posts on politics.
- Gil Smart’s Smart Remarks Describes himself as a Steelers fan and an avid anti-conservative. I am not sure what lancaster online is, but he may represent a cross over from homebrew blogging and commercial media.
- Beaver County Blue: Describes itself as a chapter of PDA (Progressive Democrats of Maerica). Like us, a multi-author blog. Where is Beaver County?
- Scatablog: Six friends who post on many topics, one of whom is in PA.
Finally, Daily Kos, one of the biggest progressive/liberal outlets made up of thousands of users and a cadre of writers who make it to the front page.
- DAILY KOS on PA: This link takes you to anything by any regsitered user on Daily Kos who added a tag of Pennsylvania to their diary.